Read Our Reviews         
Careers contact us today! 208-745-9406

Back to blog

Prevent These Gas Line Problems with Professional Installation


Natural gas is the preferred fuel-source choice for heating systems and many other appliances for homeowners throughout the country. It’s both convenient and cost-effective, and with the advancement of technology, gas-powered appliances such as furnaces are a lot safer than those of the past.

However, risks still do exist when you utilize gas lines in your home. You could have problems due to faulty gas line installation, or due to natural disasters, and even lack of maintenance on your gas-burning appliances. These potential hazards should not be taken lightly. Preventing the following gas line problems is essential to reducing your risk of personal injury, health problems, and fire.


Natural gas has no particular odor or color. This is disconcerting when you consider how harmful inhaling natural gas can be, let alone the fire risk it poses. Fortunately, however, your gas company adds a Sulphur-based scent component to the gas—akin to the smell of rotten eggs. This way, people can easily determine if they have a leak in their gas line.

If gas lines are not installed appropriately and maintained just as well, your risk of leaks is far greater. If you do suspect that you have a gas leak, the best thing you can do is make sure that you and your family have vacated the property (do not turn off any lights or any gas-powered equipment that is running, as a spark can ignite a fire), and then call 911 or your utility company.

Carbon Monoxide

When gas lines aren’t installed correctly, or when appliances that burn fuel are not working as they should, carbon monoxide is often leaked into the air. This gas can make you very ill. It is tasteless and odorless as well, so it is not detected easily. The best thing you can do to prevent hazards from this type of gas leak is have a carbon monoxide detector installed.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can bring on symptoms such as headaches, nausea, extreme fatigue, fuzzy vision, and dizziness when you stand up. Many people mistake these symptoms as the flu. However if multiple people in your home are experiencing these symptoms and/or the symptoms are not accompanied by a fever, then CO poisoning is a definite possibility. Your utility company should be called if you suspect such a leak.

For safe and efficient gas line services throughout Rigby, ID and beyond, contact Advanced Home Services today.

Request service


  • By submitting, you authorize Advanced Home Services to reach you via call, email, or text messages with offers and other information about your project’s needs. Message/data rates apply. Consent is not a condition of purchase.

maintenance program
Priority Service
High Performance
10% Discounts
No Emergency
Service Fees
What Our
Customers Are Saying

Noah was fantastic!!! He was very knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly. He kept us in the loop with diagnosing problems and the charges that would come along with it. He was incredible giving us options to best help us in our circumstances. We would highly recommend!


Amazing service! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable and professional. Advanced home service always has our best interest in mind. We will continue to use their services for all of our home needs. Thank you all from the diagnosis team, salesman and installation crew. You guys are the best!


I have never encounter someone like Shawn H. He was here for hours at a very low price. Not only was he thorough he was so kind and very considerate. He did an amazing job keeping me informed and I would hire him again if needed... Shawn you are wonderfully amazing. Thank you so much for your time!


Called Advanced Home Services to schedule a routine furnace cleaning. Stewart did a great job and even tagged all our gas and water line so we would know which lines to shut off in case of an emergency. He was very friendly and helpful. I will be calling these guys for any future plumbing and heating issues that may pop up.


When Robert C came for a routine check found a leak under my kitchen sink. He discovered the main source of the problem and had the time to fix it right away before it became worse. He did a fantastic job and went above and beyond what was required. He was very friendly and so helpful and did a fantastic job.

proudly serving
southeast idaho
Rigby | Blackfoot |
Idaho Falls | Pocatello |
Rexburg | Shelley
& The Surrounding Cities