Ammon AC Repair
Local, Trusted Air Conditioning Service Pros
When you need air conditioning service in Ammon, make your first call to Advanced Home Services. From routine filter changes to mechanical repairs to full AC system installations, we handle it all. Check out our reviews to see what your friends and neighbors are saying about our services, then give us a call to make your appointment!
Signs That Your AC Needs to Be Replaced
It’s difficult for someone without much experience in HVAC equipment to determine whether an air conditioner is at the end of its life. Though a professional is best suited to help you with this decision, we’ve included a few ways to recognize that your AC could stand for removal in this list.
- Your air conditioner needs costly repairs. If a technician tells you that repairing your system will cost quite a bit—about half the cost of a new system—replacing the unit entirely may be a better bet. This will prove more cost effective, as a new system will be unlikely to need repairs at any point in the near future.
- Your unit is over 10 years old. Although this is not true in all cases, an older system that struggles to run may be near its breaking point. If you’ve had to make frequent repairs through the years, or if the air conditioner has been slowly dropping in performance levels, a replacement system lowers the chances that the unit will fail this summer.
- You seek advanced features and efficiency. A new air conditioning system may offer you many features such as variable speed settings and much improved efficiency. A new air conditioning system is likely to help you stay more comfortable and save money.
Should You Repair a Broken AC Yourself?
Some homeowners see a broken AC as an opportunity to take on the repair as a do-it-yourself project. Unfortunately, many of these DIY jobs end poorly, and homeowners often need a technician to take over anyway. We recommend calling a technician any time the repair involves anything more than replacing the air filter or learning more about the settings on your thermostat.
Technicians go through years of training and can recognize the source of any AC problem quickly. Additionally, amateur repairs often do not go as planned. Much of the time, the problem that you think is causing your air conditioner to malfunction may actually not be the source of the issue. If you are trying to repair an AC that keeps freezing, for example, you may find many conflicting pieces of advice. While one guide may inform you that you need more refrigerant, another might tell you to replace the fan motor, while still one more could tell you to just replace the filter. Each of these could fix the issue, but a trained technician wastes no time determining for sure which is actually doing the damage. Allow a technician with plenty of experience to perform the repair right the first time, saving you money in additional repairs.
While we don’t recommend attempting repairs on your own, we do recommend that you do all you can to keep the system maintained. Professionals can perform a thorough maintenance, but you can do your part by changing the air filter each month. Keep the outside unit free of debris and large obstructions. And make sure that vents stay open and that your programmable thermostat is set to an efficient temperature.
Now Is the Best Time For an AC Tune Up!
If you’ve ever had to deal with an air conditioning breakdown right in the middle of a hot summer day, you know just how much of a hassle it can be. Have you considered scheduling air conditioning maintenance today to prevent such breakdowns from occurring later on?
Your vehicle is an investment, so you should take it in for regular maintenance visits so that it lasts for many years to come. The same is true for a large system like an air conditioner. Replacement is time consuming and costly—there’s no way around this—but an AC tune-up can help keep your system around for longer.
- Clean Components – After a thorough cleaning of the components, the system can run more smoothly and will be less likely to encounter trouble. Dirt prevents components from completing their job efficiently. A dirty evaporator coil, for example, may prevent refrigerant from absorbing heat, extending the time necessary to complete the cooling cycle.
- Adjust Parts – Some of the parts of your system may become damaged or worn down over time, but a few adjustments may bring them back up to speed. This includes straightening bent coils and screwing in loose parts so that they can run as intended.
- Schedule a Full Inspection – During a complete inspection of your system, your technician will keep you informed if anything out of the ordinary shows up. It may be the case that you need to repair or replace a part, but spring maintenance gives you enough time to plan ahead, rather than wait for the system to fail in the summer.
If you want to keep your air conditioning system in the best shape possible, contact Advanced Home Services and schedule an air conditioning maintenance visit today!
'May not be combined with any other coupons, offers or discounts. Offer expires 10/31/21'expires 10/31/2021
Customers Are Saying
Noah was fantastic!!! He was very knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly. He kept us in the loop with diagnosing problems and the charges that would come along with it. He was incredible giving us options to best help us in our circumstances. We would highly recommend!Bryan
Amazing service! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable and professional. Advanced home service always has our best interest in mind. We will continue to use their services for all of our home needs. Thank you all from the diagnosis team, salesman and installation crew. You guys are the best!Frances
I have never encounter someone like Shawn H. He was here for hours at a very low price. Not only was he thorough he was so kind and very considerate. He did an amazing job keeping me informed and I would hire him again if needed... Shawn you are wonderfully amazing. Thank you so much for your time!Penny
Called Advanced Home Services to schedule a routine furnace cleaning. Stewart did a great job and even tagged all our gas and water line so we would know which lines to shut off in case of an emergency. He was very friendly and helpful. I will be calling these guys for any future plumbing and heating issues that may pop up.Shannon
When Robert C came for a routine check found a leak under my kitchen sink. He discovered the main source of the problem and had the time to fix it right away before it became worse. He did a fantastic job and went above and beyond what was required. He was very friendly and so helpful and did a fantastic job.JoAnn