Why Skipping Maintenance Could Lead to AC Malfunctions
Springtime is typically the time that we emphasize to our customers how important it is that you have Idaho Falls air conditioning maintenance done for your cooling system. The reason for this is because it’s warming up, but still cool enough that you haven’t begun using this cooling system on a daily basis. Preparing for summer with an inspection and AC tune-up is the best way to avoid repair issues, energy waste, and even shortened equipment life.
So, what if you haven’t already had this service done in the past year, or past 6 months, if you are utilizing a year-round heat pump system? Is it too late to schedule air conditioning maintenance now? No—regardless of whether or not your cooling system seems to be doing just fine, a routine maintenance check helps to improve and maintain the comfort of your household, no matter what time of the year it’s scheduled for.
Invest in Our Comprehensive Maintenance Program
As a busy homeowner, we don’t doubt that you have plenty to deal with on a daily basis. It’s easy to allow something such as scheduling pre-season maintenance for your air conditioner to slip your mind. However, when you sign up for our maintenance program, we’ll stay on top of those appointments for you, and be able to get to your system before summer even begins.
Keep reading to learn more about what a maintenance session involves, and how skipping these steps can lead to air conditioner malfunctions.
- Cleaning: During your tune-up, our professionals will conduct a thorough cleaning of the entire air conditioner. This includes the condensate drain, condenser coil, blower motor, and more—and ensures that there are not any obstructions that can restrict airflow and cause your air conditioner to fail. Even the smallest layer of dust can create undue friction on the components of your cooling system, causing the AC to malfunction.
- Lubrication: We mentioned friction, above. This is what can happen when moving parts are not lubricated as they need to be. If you want to ensure that each component within your cooling system keeps working as it should, then lubrication is an important part of caring for your system.
- Refrigerant Check: Many homeowners mistakenly believe that refrigerant is something that naturally runs out, like gasoline does in a car—and as such may wait months or even years to have the problem addressed. The fact of the matter is, that cooling systems are supplied with enough refrigerant upon installation to ideally last its lifetime, and if it’s losing any, then your air conditioner will eventually malfunction and even fail. The source of the refrigerant leak must be found and repaired, which is something we’ll check for during maintenance.
- Electrical Inspection: Is your start capacitor wearing out? How effective is your condensate pump? These aren’t questions we expect you to answer without the assistance of a professional. Please let us worry about this during your next maintenance session as to fend off AC malfunctions!
- Air Filter Check: Were you aware that the air filter which comes standard with your HVAC systems is there to protect said system’s inside components? So, if it becomes too clogged up with debris, the airflow will be impacted and your cooling system will suffer. Your air filter should actually be checked and changed every 1-3 months during periods of use, but we’ll still check it for you during maintenance!
Advanced Home Services is the standard when it comes to providing great service. Contact us today to schedule your next maintenance appointment, or if you need prompt repairs!
Customers Are Saying
Noah was fantastic!!! He was very knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly. He kept us in the loop with diagnosing problems and the charges that would come along with it. He was incredible giving us options to best help us in our circumstances. We would highly recommend!Bryan
Amazing service! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable and professional. Advanced home service always has our best interest in mind. We will continue to use their services for all of our home needs. Thank you all from the diagnosis team, salesman and installation crew. You guys are the best!Frances
I have never encounter someone like Shawn H. He was here for hours at a very low price. Not only was he thorough he was so kind and very considerate. He did an amazing job keeping me informed and I would hire him again if needed... Shawn you are wonderfully amazing. Thank you so much for your time!Penny
Called Advanced Home Services to schedule a routine furnace cleaning. Stewart did a great job and even tagged all our gas and water line so we would know which lines to shut off in case of an emergency. He was very friendly and helpful. I will be calling these guys for any future plumbing and heating issues that may pop up.Shannon
When Robert C came for a routine check found a leak under my kitchen sink. He discovered the main source of the problem and had the time to fix it right away before it became worse. He did a fantastic job and went above and beyond what was required. He was very friendly and so helpful and did a fantastic job.JoAnn