5 Ways to Tell You Have Hard Water
“Hard water” might sound like an ominous water quality issue to have, but it usually has no bearing on one’s health. However, it could wreak havoc for your plumbing system if you let it go on for too long. Hard water just means there are extra minerals in your water, like calcium and magnesium, that can get left behind in pipes and plumbing fixtures over time. This can lead to unexpected plumbing replacements, at a cost of hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Get hard water under control by paying attention to the signs and calling a plumber for water softener installation.
- Soap Scum: Hard water’s minerals actually prevent soap from lathering, which means more soap scum is left behind in the bathtub or after a load of laundry. This may also explain why people with hard water notice that hair feels brittle after shampooing.
- Dish Spots: After you do a load of dishes, you may notice excessive water spots on your glassware. This is a common indication of hard water.
- White or Yellow Residue on Faucets and Drains: The minerals in hard water get left behind as white or yellow deposits that may be noticeable around faucets or drains. This is also known as scaling.
- Noises from the Water Heater: A rumbling noise from your water heater or boiler may indicate that scale is sloshing around in the tank.
- Low Water Pressure: This could be due to any of several issues. But if low water pressure is a result of a restriction in the pipes due to mineral buildup, the problem is already severe. Call a plumber to address this issue ASAP.
When you get in touch with the experts at Advanced Home Services, they can help you solve any issues with poor water quality throughout your plumbing system. Call us for water testing and water treatment system installation in Rigby, ID today!Categories
Customers Are Saying
Noah was fantastic!!! He was very knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly. He kept us in the loop with diagnosing problems and the charges that would come along with it. He was incredible giving us options to best help us in our circumstances. We would highly recommend!Bryan
Amazing service! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable and professional. Advanced home service always has our best interest in mind. We will continue to use their services for all of our home needs. Thank you all from the diagnosis team, salesman and installation crew. You guys are the best!Frances
I have never encounter someone like Shawn H. He was here for hours at a very low price. Not only was he thorough he was so kind and very considerate. He did an amazing job keeping me informed and I would hire him again if needed... Shawn you are wonderfully amazing. Thank you so much for your time!Penny
Called Advanced Home Services to schedule a routine furnace cleaning. Stewart did a great job and even tagged all our gas and water line so we would know which lines to shut off in case of an emergency. He was very friendly and helpful. I will be calling these guys for any future plumbing and heating issues that may pop up.Shannon
When Robert C came for a routine check found a leak under my kitchen sink. He discovered the main source of the problem and had the time to fix it right away before it became worse. He did a fantastic job and went above and beyond what was required. He was very friendly and so helpful and did a fantastic job.JoAnn