Idaho Falls Heating Repair
Serving Rigby, Ammon, Shelley & the Surrounding Areas
Here in Idaho Falls, our heaters sure get a workout during the winter months. We all know how cold it can get here, and it’s important that you have a whole house heating system that is prepared to keep you and your family warm no matter what. While there are a number of different factors that can affect your comfort during the winter, the quality of the heater is one of the most pressing. But heaters break down. No matter how well you maintain yours over the years, there will nevertheless come a time when you have to bring in a pro to restore your heater with heating repair. We can make sure it’s done correctly.
Advanced Home Services provides quality heating repair in Idaho Falls and the surrounding areas. Give us a call or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Signs that You Need Heater Repair in Idaho Falls
Don’t wait until your heating system breaks down completely before scheduling heating services with a trained HVAC technician. Any problem with your heater, no matter how big or small it may seem, deserves to get checked by an HVAC professional ASAP. Unfortunately, far too many people wait until the unit stops working completely, which can result in an increased cost of repairs and a potential premature system replacement.
Here are some signs to look out for:
- Loud noises
- A drop in temperature
- Fluctuating temperatures
- Uneven heating
- Short run times
- Prolonged odors from the system or from the vents
Any of these issues can escalate into something much worse if you leave them alone for too long. A system that shuts off too soon, for example, may only have a small issue with the limit switch. But if you don’t have this repaired, the frequent start up and stopping of the unit can cause other components to struggle. Additionally, there is always a potential that your broken heater is at risk of leaking gas or carbon monoxide.
WHAT TO CHECK BEFORE CALLING FOR HEATING REPAIR
Sometimes, we get calls from residents looking for someone to fix an urgent heating system issue ASAP, even when the problem was actually a simple DIY fix! Most heating system repairs require the expertise of someone with years of experience, training, and licensing. Other times, all you have to do is flip a switch or clean a filter to get your unit back to normal.
Here’s what you may want to check on before calling in a technician:
- Circuit Breaker: Heating system won’t start up at all? It’s possible that you just need to reset the breaker in your electrical panel. Of course, if this happens frequently or right after startup, you should have someone check out the issue.
- Thermostat: We know you’ve already checked the thermostat once or twice, but it might be worth it to look again. It may be that you or a family member has accidentally changed a setting, switching it into cooling mode, leaving it in “fan only” mode, or changing the temperature to a much lower setting. If you have a lot of trouble setting your thermostat to the proper temperature, you might consider an upgrade.
- Filter: An air filter that is clogged stops air from flowing through your system and into your home with ease. This could be the reason a furnace or heat pump struggles to keep you warm, so you might try changing it or cleaning it and seeing if this helps bring up the temperature.
- Ignition System Issues: You can take a look at your ignition system to see if it’s at fault, but we do not recommend making any repairs if you notice a problem. Keep in mind that today’s furnaces don’t have a standing pilot, so if your furnace was installed in the last couple of decades, there will only be a flame if the furnace is running. The flame should be blue, with only a little yellow at the end. If it is too yellow, orange, red, or green, you should shut off the system and call a technician immediately.
Call Now for Heater Repair in Idaho Falls
It can be difficult to figure out what seems to be the problem with your heater unless you have the technical expertise, experience, and diagnostic equipment. At Advanced Home Services, we employ highly skilled heater repair technicians who are adept at handling a wide range of different heaters, both conventional and innovative. When you call us for heater repair, we respond quickly so that you can rest assured your comfort will be restored quickly. We also stand fully behind our work so that you can be as confident as we are about the quality of our workmanship and customer service. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll come back and do it for free. Call day or night for heating repair in Idaho Falls, Rigby, Ammon, Shelley, Blackfoot, Pocatello, St. Anthony, Chubbuck, Rexburg, Sugar City, Driggs, and Victor.
Get in touch with one of our HVAC repair specialists today so that we can restore your heating system to get you back on track. Call (208) 269-9556 now.